Monday, May 7, 2012

We Wear Many Hats/Faith, Trust and Hope

Hola friends y family!  Hope you are having a great day!  

Hermana Green and I are having a blast here in Venado Tuerto.  These past few weekends we have really used our talents and leadership skills to fill in for different spots when some teachers were sick and couldn´t come to church.  There´s just something about making things work the last minute and pulling things together with a little magic that really excites me. It also reminds me of my Dad, he is quite skillful at being able to make things go smoothly when things go crazy during an activity or event!  I felt like I was doing a little bit of that during our activity we had this Saturday.  

We had planned this ¨Noche de Cultura y Talentos¨ for the past month and were really excited about all whom were going to participate.  The plan was to have a whole bunch of tables showing things from different countries, and then have a talent show at the end.   The elders from the other branches came and set up things from the States and Mexico, and we patiently waited for our talent to show up.. .... ... waiting... waiting....some other members put some crafts on tables they made, a lady from Germany brought a WHOLE bunch of great things and food... waiting and waiting for our planned talent that we confirmed all this past week...   and I soon realized that we needed to act fast and be creative because they were not showing up.  We ended up pulling some strings and hermana green and I sang with our friend Iara who played the guitar, Elder Stout played ¨They called the wind Mariah¨ Iara´s and sounded just like Johnny Cash, we were all blown away!  The sweet German lady sang with her friend, a little boy played a 10 second song on his portable keyboard, so adorable, and then Hna Rivoira had the little girls model purses she made... and I called one more family and their daughter showed up and played the violin!  What we thought was going to be a night without any acts ended up being a fun spontaneous night with six talents!  

Is it strange that I find some excitement when things go a little haywire?  I think my Dad can relate: when there´s a game or show that´s ¨sold out,¨ it gives us the challenge just to work a little harder and find a (honest) way in!  It´s all about working with what you have, having a little faith, trust, and hope! (or pixie dust as I would say in my disney days)
Instead of freaking out and thinking that the activity was a disaster, we missionaries put our heads together and ended up with a wonderful evening, and a handful of nonmembers came too, which was the whole aim of our activity to begin with!








No comments:

Post a Comment