Monday, December 3, 2012

little changes

Happy December!!  Time is really flying.

I am so lucky to be with my companion Hermana Franco!  She literally
stops to smells the roses, and then takes pictures of them.  We have
too many photos of beautiful sunsets here!  (sorry for the tease.. the
loading time for photos takes too long here)  haha and right now she
is singing jingle bells in english.  It´s in the small and simple
things that help us find a laugh or a beautiful moment.

We have been working really hard with some families and we are seeing
real progress!  It is an answer to our prayers.  I will be honest, it
had been a while since we had heard ¨I am coming to church tomorrow!¨
or ¨I love what I read yesterday!  I have some questions..¨  I have
been learning more and more about our purpose and we together as a
companionship are learning how to more effectively teach the
Restoration, and  I find it amusing that when we enchance something in
our work we have more eagerness and for some reason it´s when people
don´t happen to be progressing... but our little seeds we have planted
so long ago and finally starting to sprout!  We had a family in Church
yesterday and it made my day.  I can see that they are sincerely
progressing and didn´t come out of obligation or because they love us.
They came because they see a change in themselves thanks to reading
and praying together.

I´ve been thinking a lot of the little changes I am going through that
I may not even recognize to their fullest extent.  Nelson Mandela said
something like ¨there is nothing like returning to a place unchanged
to see the way you have changed yourself¨ ... so we´ll see how that
turns out when I come home...  but no!  Who is talking about home?  I
still have plenty of time!  Right?  Just the fact that the mission
secretary is booking my flight home already freaks me out... wait..
the mission ends?  Wait, you mean I have to leave Argentina one day?


I love you all.  Hope you are already thinking of the true reason for
this season, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

xoxo hermana hill mill

P.S Mark your calendars...
Arrival date: April 10th 2013.
Estimated date of normalizing socially: TBD 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment