Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy 2012

Happy 2012!!  

I don{t know where to start, there are so many things to talk about!  I can{t stop thinking about our two investigators, a single mom and her eleven year old son, who are progressing so much. This woman{s attitude has changed so much since she has learned to have more faith and look for the good things around her amidst her heavy burdens she is enduring right now.  I feel so incredibly happy when I see her smiling and laughing, because for a while it was hard for her to feel anything but frustrated and angered.  I am seeing before my eyes someone being changed from the gospel.  She is coming to Christ through her faith, which is not only believing, but actively searching through the scriptures and praying and coming to Church!  This past week is filled with little yet powerful things that she has either said or done that has really fortified my testimony of conversion.  One of my favorite things she told us was when she finished reading Alma 40 in the Book of Mormon which talks about where we go after we die... and she told us that this chapter would be perfect for her friend who is going through a hard time having lost both of her parents, and she is thinking of photocopying the chapter and sending it to her!  My companion and I cheer her on for her desire to share the gospel with others.  Hermana Garrett and I sometimes chuckle thinking how this woman with her little doubts and questions doesn{t realize how she is basically helping us do missionary work- she even defended our Church when she went to the municiplidad (the city) and was chatting with some workers.

There is so much more I could say about this woman, but typing it out cannot do it justice! My apologies.  

It has been incredibly hot these past couple of days, and yet my companion and I continue to walk out with strength and energy.  If you know me pretty well then you know that I don{t function very well in the heat.. correction:  before my mission and before being set apart as a missionary I didn{t function very well in heat.  I am constantly reminded of the great power of our Heavenly Father and his ability to help us do the work, and we in return try to help Him find the souls that need to recognize His grand love!  I am constantly blessed.

Here are some other photos from last week, playing ball in Funes (the other sister missionary with me is Hermana Collins, her name is Hilary!  She and her comp are a blast.)  And our view of the fireworks from the roof!  

Love you all.  Thank you for your letters.  They mean the world to me.  

xoxo hermana miller 






No comments:

Post a Comment