Monday, November 7, 2011

Anticipation, Take Two!! :)

Greetings from Provo!   Yup, I am still here.  I got a call from the office telling me that the process at the consulate takes longer than the MTC anticipated, so there are 15 other missionaries waiting along with me in the same boat. Sooo maybe this week?  Who knows, my apologies for crying wolf!  I know that things are moving forward at least : ) 
 
 I have been SO grateful for this last week here. There are a plethora of very vital things I needed to learn before going out to my Rosario.  On Tuesday I was feeling a little under the weather and had the time to reevaluate how I teach and basically the ways that I am a missionary.  I hold dear to my heart the helpful tips and constructive criticism from my companions - it feels like a bit of an awakening!  I hope to continue growing day after day as I have these past two months (exactly two months today!  Crazy!)  
 
Two more people this week decided they would like to be baptized this month!  I am so incredibly happy for them!!  Especially for one investigator we taught from the beginning, since the first time he came to church about 4 weeks ago.  He has SO much hunger and curiosity for doctrinal knowledge!  He will call us in the middle of the week asking us what certain scriptures mean.  This was particularly funny for us, he one night called with much confusion, "I am reading here in the Book of Mormon and the footnote says there is a scripture in the book of Moses... I have looked everywhere in the Bible and the Book of Mormon for ten minutes and I can't find it!"  I recognized his great enthusiam and remembered Elder Holland's words from a video we watched at the MTC - "Be your first convert. If they need to read the scriptures more deeply, then so do you!"  Hermana Montano challenged me to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon at the end of every one of our lessons. 
 
My love for the Book of Mormon has grown so much during these two months as a missionary.  I have come to realize how vital it is in strengthening my relationship with Heavenly Father.  I can tell you from experience that the words written in the Introduction are true when Joseph Smith says, "The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth, the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book."  I now understand why it is so essential to read it every single day, and I can't imagine what my life would be like without it. It is incredible to finally feel a hunger for the scriptures, when I must admit I didn't have that huge drive to really know and understand everything they teach when I was younger.  It is such a wonderful thing to know that our Heavenly Father has given us something on which we can rely every single day - to help us have a more eternal perspective, to teach us how to be more Christ-like, and to give us optimism and excitement for the future that lies ahead if we work our hardest and keep the commandments.  

Photos - frost!  It is snowy off and on but hasn't stuck yet.  Hermana Brignone and I in the van on our way to our Sister's Activity - laser tag at Trifalga.  Hilariously fun.
 
I love you all!!  With love from Hermana Miller
 



No comments:

Post a Comment