Monday, November 14, 2011

Up, Up and Away...

Hello my lovely friends and family!  Here I am on BYU campus on my last P-Day as a Utah Provo missionary, and in a matter of hours I will be an Argentina Rosario missionary!!  I am so incredibly excited.  I was talking with a fellowshipper last night after a lesson and he said "There is a reason you had to wait so long for your Visa, and I think you know why!  You could have been at the MTC this whole time, but instead the Lord needed you here."  I know exactly what he was referring to - this fellowshipper brought along our recent convert Eric, to bear his testimony during our lesson with a soon to be baptized member.  Hearing Eric's testimony for the first time brought tears to my eyes!  Just a month ago he was at the waters of baptism, and now here he is helping out with missionary work!  I kept hearing this week "You were here for a reason!" and it reminds me of a story I heard at the MTC - I may or may not have already mentioned it here, but I think it is worth repeating.  Our choir director told us how Heavenly Father placed a star in orbit at the perfect time so by the time its light reached us on Earth it was the night of our Savior's birth.  He made this an analogy with our lives, our missions.  My companions and I were placed together here at this specific time in place to shine at a specific time to specific people!  Light has always been one of my favorite symbols in life.  "Let your light shine before men!"   I hope you can apply this metaphor to your lives - where are you right now?  What people do you see everyday who don't know of the gospel?  Who needs uplifting and encouragement and love?  We all have specific callings, abilities, and gifts that the Lord gave us in order to help other people realize the endless love He has for them.  He gave us talents in order to build up the kingdom of God!!  On Sunday we had a great lesson about the family, and our teacher shared a woman's personal revelation after days and days of helping out her new step children after just being married.  She heard something in her tell her "What you are doing is more than just cleaning and cooking.  Esta edificando un reino.= You are building a kingdom!"  In the past few days, I have received a greater understanding of the divine nature I have as a woman, and the divine nature my mother and grandmothers have.  They have been building me as a royal daughter of Heavenly Father, and one day I will do the same!  This is something I hope I can share with the people of Argentina - families are the best gift Heavenly Father has given us.  They are the safe haven, the school of learning, the refuge from the world, the place of comfort and love you can't find anywhere else.  I have seen many broken families here as well, and through my companions' testimonies and experiences I know that the Lord finds a way to find father and mother figures for those who do not have a stable family.  The Lord is always looking out for us!  We just have to do our part and believe it - how?  Faith - By keeping the commandments and working our hardest toward our goal to constantly edify ourselves and the people around us through our example. Hope - that amazing blessings are waiting for us, and only come when we believe in them and ask for them. 

 
I love you all so much.  If I could change anything that is about to come my way it would be that my mail could fly more swiftly into your hands!   Thank you for your love, prayers, and support!
 
xoxo Hermana Hillary Miller
 
photos -  the trio in front of the temple - our last temple trip together! 

 
Tommy's burgers - missionaries eat free!  We only went twice - probably better that way.  Reminded me of LA/NYC - little counter facing out to the window, small menu, one little chef.  Amazing onion rings.  On 100 North a little west of Freedom Blvd.
 

This family got baptized last month and we have been teaching their 18 year old daughter - she and I are going to keep in touch, she wants to work in the film industry one day in LA : )

(I think Hillary forgot to attach this picture)
 
The driveway from the house - I will miss these trees!


No comments:

Post a Comment