Thursday, March 14, 2013

crazy week

This week was crazy!!  On Wednesday we traveled to Parana for my last zone conference (ahhh).  It was really great for several reasons: I was asked to bare my testimony, which all leaving missionaries are asked to do at their last conference.  The assistants asked me to accompany the hymns, and our closing hymn was ¨We´ll Bring the World His Truth¨ and it made me do a double take.  I had a sudden flash back of the last time I accompanied the EFY Medly in Bell Choir years ago, and I thought ¨Wow, years later I am a missionary and I am singing about what I am doing!  I am pretty sure I never seriously considered being a missionary when I would sing this as a youth.  Crazy!¨

On Friday we had a special PDay with our zone!  We traveled up to Feliciano which is a small pueblo in our zone.  We had an asado (bbq), played games, and went to an artesenal festival.  We had fun : )

Things are moving along!  We are finding more people while contacting houses and in the streets, which is a little tough sometimes, but we always feel like we struck gold after finding people that are sincerely listening and we can see in their eyes that they are being touched by the Spirit.  I am feeling more eager than ever to invite all of them to be baptized!  We are very fortunate to have a new mission leader who is fresh off the mission.  He understands how to help us meet our goals and gave us great advice so we can help our investigators improve.  We are planning on doing a family history
workshop so we can help the members prepare names to do temple work for their families.  We are also working with Familia Artigas to prepare to be sealed in August!  Woot!!  I love this work!!  We are seeing miracles every day : )

Thank you for your prayers and letters.  I have a funny situation going on with cash and I can´t send my letters to you at the moment, so you might be getting them after I get home!  So sorry!  Please know that MANY of your letters have come at the perfect moment, many mention things that I needed to hear (read?).  I am so thankful for you all.  Some of you may know that the end of a mission hits you with constant little obstacles that try to convince you to take a break and not endure to the end.  I can feel so much strength from the Lord helping me to work my hardest during these last weeks.  I know I am nothing without Him, and that all these great things He has given me to experience are blessings, even the hard stuff.  : )

xoxo hermana hill mill










No comments:

Post a Comment