Monday, October 24, 2011



Hello family and friends! 

I  may be here for another month - and I feel that I am here for a reason and I am grateful for the time I have here! 

I have learned so much about teaching and feeling the Spirit this past week.  I had an amazing experience with Hma Brignone when we taught an investigator about the Restoration.  She told us we are the only missionaries she has let into her house out of all the other churches that have come to visit her. She really opened up and said she has been thinking about the Spirit ever since she heard our last lesson, and that she has been able to feel it more often too!    There came a point when tears came to her eyes and the Spirit was SO strong.  One of my favorite things about teaching lessons is when the investigator feels comfortable enough to share really personal thoughts about how they feel or how they have changed.  My perspective did a bit of a 180 when I realized that this woman had been thinking about our last lesson that was given over 3 weeks ago.  I didn't realize how much of an impression our words were to her - and this helped me remember that the Spirit testifies of everything.  I have such a great responsibility to be worthy to hold the Spirit, to be a vessel that can hold these amazing feelings and be a connection for this person to understand how much the Lord loves them!  Hearing the Spirit tell me what to say is an incredible feeling. 

We hiked the Y on our P Day AND went to the Alpine Loop!  I sang "The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music" and "Consider the Lilies"  - talk about breath taking.   (Do you know the scripture behind that song?? It is wonderful!  Matt 6 I believe..  talks about everything having its place and purpose, and how "the morrow will take thought for itself."  That is my theme right now, not worrying about my Visa and just working my hardest here!)

Also - district lunch was at IN N OUT this Thursday.  No complaints here!  We are so spoiled - and the new thing our Elders like to say to tease me is "It is NOT going to be like this when you are Argentina!"  Of this I am fully aware, which is probably why I highly reccommended we eat at the best burger place around.  : )



I love you all, thank you for your letters!  It feels like Christmas whenever I get something from you.  I hope you all are doing well and are happy!! 


xoxo hermana miller

No comments:

Post a Comment