Thursday, January 10, 2013

ch ch ch changes

Hello all!  I hope you all had a wonderful New Year{s!  I can{t believe that it is 2013.  I remember when I recently received my mission call and my mother and I were chatting with people about when I would return and whenever we said [spring 2013[ it sounded like ages!!  And now it is here!  I hope this year brings you all lots of great adventures : )

Well we had a few changes here in our zone... I am with Hermana Flack who is from Orem Utah and she just recently completed nine months in the mission.  We also have a new district leader, Elder Goodman from Arizona.  My companion is very relaxed and always happy, which makes me happy.  We are excited for this week, we are going to teach some new people and she{s going to show me some tasty dishes she{s made here on the mission. 

Before transfers Hermana Franco and I went down to the river with Elders Vergara and Groberg during a huge storm to take pictures.... yup we are crazy, and it made for a good memory! 

I am so grateful that these past few weeks we have been getting a lot of rain.  This weather has been quite enjoyable, and I don{t mind when the heat and humidty returns temporarily because I know it{s a sign that another storm is coming. 

I am loving more and more this area.  I love seeing the help and care from the members regarding fellowshipping our investigator and her children.  We watched The Testaments in the church this weekend with her (a film depicting Christ{s visitation to the Americas after his resurrection), and when we finished the girls said [Can we watch another movie next week?[ and the mother has lots of questions about how the Book of Mormon was translated, so we are going to watch more about Joseph Smith.  It brings me such joy to see the hunger in their eyes for the gospel.  I love looking up scriptures and answering their questions.  They want to know not just to know, they want to know because they are feeling the truth and things are starting to fit in piece by piece of how the gospel works in their lives, and I feel so privileged to watch the process!  It also helps me recognize how my hunger for knowledge has grown, how I understand more fully how the Atonement works in my life daily.  

I hope you are all well.  Thank you for your letters, you may or may not have an idea of how happy a missionary feels when they get a letter from a dear friend or relative.  You help me keep up my energy and focus, even though I miss you all, I sometimes have moments where I think [but... what if I refuse to leave?  Can{t I just be a missionary forever?[  Forgive me, but that{s how I feel sometimes!  I love this work!  It may move slower than we want at times, but nothing can frustrate the work of the Lord... we are part of something so grand! 


p.s. yes, that is a carpincho/capybera/ROUS/rodent of unusal size.  They are apparently very tasty...

xoxo hermana hillmill 









No comments:

Post a Comment